Trauma Healing: Understanding and Using Mindfulness and Somatic Practices In Life
July 25 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Trauma is a very common experience and its suggested that up to 70% of people living in the USA have struggled with trauma at some point in their lifetime.Symptoms of trauma can include avoidance, negative mood states, agitation, restlessness, emotional reactivity, dissociative symptoms, being incapable of acting, immobilized with fear or anxiety. As well trauma can be experienced in day to day life- such as climate change issues, discrimination and cultural challenges, and international crisis. The good news though, is that all humans are born pre-wired with a process for recovering from traumatic symptoms.
This workshop will focus on understanding the various presentations that trauma can create for an individual. From there, we will offer practices in Mindfulness & Somatic Experiencing as ways to navigate healing while staying grounded.
We will discuss topics around:
- Identifying types of trauma (acute, complex, PTSD, etc.)
- Identifying a patient experiencing trauma (currently or in the past)
- Symptoms of trauma
- Assessment tools for trauma
- What the trauma is doing to the physiologic and emotional body
- Learning about triggers for trauma survivors
- Mindfulness and somatic experiencing practices to re-wire the response to past experiences
- Integrating these practices while in calming environments such as nature
Location: Whole Family Wellness Center, 4443 30th St Ste 205 San Diego, CA 92116
This event is free of charge. Donations are greatly appreciated.