Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction class participants meet each week to explore mindfulness in a group setting. Participants then, ideally on a daily basis, practice at home what they have been exploring in class. This home practice is an essential part of the course. It develops and strengthens one’s ability to experience mindful awareness in daily life and to access the strength and wisdom that lie within. Handouts, workbooks and audio will be provided to support this practice.
Reasons Why People Take a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course Include:
- Medical conditions such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, heart disease, asthma,
- emphysema, gastrointestinal problems, cancer, sleep and skin disorders, and immune problems.
- Chronic and short-term stress due to work, life changes, family issues, and illness.
- Psychological and emotional concerns such as anxiety, phobias, panic, grief, and depression.
During the years this program has been offered at UMass Medical School and around the world, participants have reported benefits such as:
- Increased ability to relax
- Decrease in pain and increase in ability to cope with chronic pain
- Reduction in symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Improved overall health
- More energy and enthusiasm
- More self confidence
- Resilience in the face of health and life challenges
- Greater sense of compassion for self and others
The cost of this course is $425.00. Please note that Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is also available as a series of private sessions for individuals and for the staff/members of organizations.